Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sandra VanderBeek Rowe


I started college 10 days after high school graduation: a chemistry class that I breezed through thanks to Mr. Schell's class! I got my Associates' in 2000 at Ricks College, then went to Utah State for a semester while Ricks became BYU-Idaho. I returned to BYU-I, going to school on and off while I tried to pay my way. During some off-semesters while I was looking for a job, I went back to good ol' Rigby HS as a substitute teacher. It was really weird to sit in the teachers' lounge and call them by their first names! I went on a Spanish-speaking mission to Texas Houston South in 2003, and my sister Sarah Ring got married while I was gone. I met my husband over the Internet while I was doing a Human Resources internship in 2005. I graduated from BYU-I in December 2005 with a Bachelor's of Business Management, and then got married in February 2006. We are expecting our first child, a girl, this April. Can't wait to see you all in June!

4 comments:

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Congrats! It was fun to see you right after you got married - and to meet your husband. I am so excited for your "soon to be" addition to your family.

Epi said...

Congrats Sandi! That is exciting, hope things go well.

Lezhai (Christensen) Gulbransen

Jessica Haddox said...

That's a great picture of you and Nathan! I'm glad I finally have your blog address so I can keep tabs on you. I just wish you'd update it more often! ;)

Unknown said...

Sandi!! Oh my goodness, so wonderful to be able to see what you've been up to. My mom tells me occasionally how your doing when we talk on the phone. Also congrats on the soon to be new addition to the family.