Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Justin Martin and Carlie Hansen




After all these years...who would have thought the quiet yearbook girl and the shy choir boy would have ever ended up together! I think when the quote "opposites attract" was said, it was made just for us. So... right after graduation Justin attended Ricks and then served a mission to Mississippi where he was first introduced to eating squirrel. He says it tasted like chicken, but I want to know how everything out there can all taste like chicken? Then of course, the usual...school, work, dating, etc. etc. Same old boring life...(that is until I came around of course!). As for myself, I graduated from Ricks College and then attended ISU for a year until I served a mission in Nova Scotia. That is where I got to try whale blubber, head cheese and blood pudding...and no, none of them tasted like chicken! Our missions were both wonderful experiences that taught us so much and became the spring board for the rest of our lives. So... 3 years ago Justin and I ran into each other in the Walmart parking lot. We were both going opposite directions, both engaged to other people, both with completely different life plans in mind. But, obviously they weren't the right plans because a few months later we ran into each other again and we were both unexpectedly single! Imagine that! So, long story short, here we are, happily married, and with the most perfect little boy. We bought our first home here in Idaho Falls on the numbered streets last summer. And can you believe Justin actually built a fence around the yard all by himself! (I bet all you thought his hands could do were play the piano, eh?) And then Mason was born in October of 2007 and our lives haven't been the same since! I was able to stay at home with Mason while Justin works at Mountainview Hospital and is attending ISU to become...surprise surprise...a music teacher! It's funny how life turns out. Here I sit, in our adorable little home with a beautiful baby boy in my arms, waiting for my husband, the terribly shy and once somewhat awkward Justin to come home. Oh so unexpected, but yet so perfect! We cant wait to see everyone at the reunion this summer.

10 comments:

Jec Tyger said...

Carlie and Justin who would have thought? You family is absolutly adorable! Congrats on the new baby!

Anonymous said...

Cute little boy! And I don't remember Justin being that shy! Maybe that's because I was in Choir. He did have a great laugh though.

Hil said...

What a cute story! Congrats to you both!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

I know I left a comment already but I don't know where it is. Anyways, you guys are so cute. I love your story. What a great couple and what a cute baby! I agree with Kristin - Justin, were you shy? I guess Troylairs brought out our loud sides.

Anonymous said...

Your baby is so cute Carlie! Congrats to both of you!
Megan

Robin and Stephenie said...

Amazing! you two are perfect! What a beautiful baby you two have. Justin my husband also went to mississippi on his mission and has also eaten squirrel. He also said it is good, but not much meat. :)

Jessica Haddox said...

What an adorable family! I agree with the other comments though. I don't think I can remember any time I ever thought Justin was shy. Perhaps I just knew him too well. I'm so glad to see he kept up with the music. And building a fence? Ha! I would have loved to see that! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carlie and Justin,
You two are so cute. Your baby is adorable. Hope to see you guys soon.
-Miranda

Anonymous said...

I agree-Justin you're not shy. You were always pocyourhontas! This is Suzanne Ball, yes spying on the younger class. Congrats on your baby Mason. You'll be a great music teacher.

Unknown said...

Hi Justin and Carlie,
Very cute little boy! Justin, I must say that at first I didn't recognize you. I'm glad you kept up with playing the piano. I too am still playing and in fact am teaching the piano. It's great to see that the two of you got together! Also Justin, I agree with the other's, I never thought you were shy. In fact I was always impressed with how well you played the piano. Anyways take care!