Monday, January 14, 2008

Jenifer Tomchak



Wow, so much has happened in the last ten years! It's fun to see what everyone is doing. As for me . . . after high school, I went to Utah State. While I was there, I spent a summer studying in Spain and another semester working for Senator Crapo in D.C. After I graduated, I celebrated by spending a summer in Western Europe. I was addicted! Since high school, I have traveled to twenty-one countries, and I'm constantly planning my next trip (www.whereisqt.blogspot.com). After undergrad, I did what (nearly) every Political Science major does: go to law school (University of Utah). During the course of law school, I spent a summer studying in Costa Rica; decided to get an M.B.A. too; and, most importantly, met the love of my life (Rod). Rod and I became friends during our first semester of law school and, after two years of skiing, biking, and entertaining together, we started dating seriously. After law school ended, Rod had the opportunity to go to D.C. to be part of the Department of Interiors Honor's Program. I had an offer to clerk with Justice Durrant of the Utah Supreme Court and had just bought a house in Salt Lake. We decided to do the long distance thing. During one of my visits to D.C., a friend from Senator Crapo's office asked me to represent Idaho in the National Cherry Blossom Festival (www.idahostatesociety.org/news.htm+Jenifer+Tomchak&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us). It was a great opportunity. I got to meet the First Lady, other national figures, and several foreign dignitaries. After my clerkship ended, I decided to postpone "the real world" a little longer, and spend three months traveling in South America. I started out by myself, but met so many great friends along the way. I'm currently a fourth-year associate at Parr Waddoups Brown Gee & Loveless (www.pwlaw.com/index.html). My practice (www.pwlaw.com/attorney-profile-75) focuses on employment litigation, but I also do general corporate litigation. I'll be up for partner next March. I love being a litigator and the people I work with. When I'm not at work, Rod and I and get in as much skiing, climbing, and biking as we can. Right now we are spending a lot of time planning our wedding in July (www.jenandrod.blogspot.com).

6 comments:

Hil said...

You've done a lot Jen! That's awesome! Congrats on your engagement ;)

jules0039@gmail.com said...

Wow Jen you have been busy. Congrats on everything you have accomplished. And Extra congrats on your engagement. I hope your plans are going well. You'll have to drop by my bridal shop. chicabellabridal.com has our address on it. We'll let you in on the inside track on all photographers and reception locations and of course the bridal shops. Good luck on every thing

Mike Maloney

Shana Dee said...

Can I live vicariously through you?? What great experiences! I never pegged you for being boring, so I wasn't surprised to see you accomplish a whole life's worth of trips and discovery in 10 years. Can't wait to see what you do in the next 10...maybe President?-!!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

I am glad you are doing so well. I love checking your blog. Your life is so adventurous.

Mindy said...

Alright Jen- since you posted I suppose I should set aside time to do so too! talk to you soon sis~

Jessica Haddox said...

Holy cow! You've done a lot! It's hardly surprising though. I've visited your blog from time to time. It's very interesting, but I'm going to have to stop reading, because it makes my life seem so boring in comparison! ;)