Tuesday, January 15, 2008

John Fenstermaker



Wow! We’re all getting so old! Is anyone else bothered by the fact that within another year or two we will be turning 30? I’m really not sure that I’m ready for that (especially since I’ll still be in school). But, it is great to see how well everyone is doing!

After graduating from high school, I went on a mission to Amsterdam, Netherlands. Holland is a funny little country that is about a quarter of the size of Idaho, dotted with windmills, cows, cheese, and about 16 million people. After returning, I started dating Kristine Golder (Rigby Class of 2000). We dated for a while, and were married in February of 2002 in Idaho Falls. We lived in both Shelley and Blackfoot while I went to school. Finally, I graduated from Idaho State in the spring of 2006 with a degree in Zoology…which by itself, I might add, is a pretty useless degree. Since then, we have moved to Des Moines, Iowa, where I am currently in my second year of medical school. Thanks to my incredibly supportive wife, I’ve been making it through school without too many problems. This summer, we will be relocating to Ohio, where I will start clinical rotations for my 3rd and 4th years of school.

Along the way, of course, we’ve had three great children…all girls! Makayla will be 5 this spring, Olyvia recently turned 3, and Addisyn was just born in October. I love all my girls, but as you can imagine, there’s a lot of drama in the house.

I wish everybody the best, and I look forward to seeing all of you this summer.

3 comments:

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Your kids are so cute! It is so fun to see your family and get an update. We only see each other on the 4th of July.

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I got an old seminary letter in the mail... I bet I can still beat you at bloody knuckles! Love your cheer squad, they are adorable! Oh, and I married a guy from Roy, Utah of all places. Isn't that where you moved to Rigby from? See you this summer!

Woodrina Berg said...

WOW!What cute kids. Man how time has flown! My husband Derwyn and I were just blessed with a baby girl on the 8th of January. Nice to run into you on the web!
Woodrina Berg
bergquarterhorses@hotmail.com