Friday, January 11, 2008

Melody Kamoe Rice




After graduation I went to Ricks for 1 1/2 years where I met my husband Matt. We knew each other as friends for about 1 year before we even started dating. Then we dated for another year. While we were dating, he transferred his schooling to BYU-provo. That made it difficult....one of us was always driving back to see the other on the weekends! We were finally married in August of 2000. We lived down in provo where he finished up his major in Industrial Design and I worked. We had our first child in 2001, a girl - Hailey Napualokelani Rice. So that is when I became an official "stay-at-home-mom". I love(d) it! 3 years later we had another beautiful little girl - Leah Maileleilani Rice. That year my husband also graduated from BYU. We then moved to Kansas where he got his first job designing fans and heaters. (Vornado is an awesome company and their products are VERY good! There's my "plug"). Kansas was a culture shock! Despite my efforts to hate that place, I soon began to love it! We lived there almost 4 years, then in 2007 we decided to make the big career decision and moved our family to Kent, Washington. We've lived in Washington now for almost a year. Throughout the last 10 years I have still been trying to find the time to finish my college degree. Kids, family, and church have become my priorities so my schooling has gotten put on the back burner. So for yet another year I find myself enrolled in online classes or taking late night courses! Ugghhhhh......will this ever end?! I can't believe time has gone by that fast! Guess I better hurry and get my education done before my own kids beat me......... . Good luck to all of you in the future. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the big class reunion, but I love to look at the blog and see the updates from all of you! It's funny how everyone looks the same and yet, so different!
Melody (Kamoe) Rice
PS. If you want to check out my blog you can go to riceohana@blogspot.com or you can find me on Facebook as well.

7 comments:

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

It is great to see you. Your girls are beautiful.

Andy & Angie Wycherly said...

Wow! You have BEAUTIFUL kids! Keep up the good work.

Hil said...

Hey Mel, your girls are so pretty! Good to hear from you!

Melody Rice said...

Yea, I've always thought I had beautiful kids! :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Melody, your girls are adorable!

Anonymous said...

We're practically neighbors - I live in Federal Way. I have two girls that are the same ages as yours (and a 6 mo. boy) it would be fun to get together. Tell your mom "HI" for me - I miss the library ladies and all the Rigby gossip.

Jessica Haddox said...

Wow! Your girls are gorgeous! Glad to hear things are going so well for you. :)