Friday, August 31, 2007

Kristy Calkins



I've just decided that 10 years flies by far too fast! But, I am SO looking forward to the reunion next year. Let's see...me. After graduation I went to Ricks for a little over 2 years then took a break to serve a mission. I spent an amazing 18 months in Melbourne Australia (which is my second home), then returned to BUI-Idaho to finish my Associates degree. Once that was accomplished I moved to Boise (which is where my family moved back in '98) to attend ISU-Boise in their Speech Pathology program. I got really sick and had to drop out of school, but then I found the best job ever at Micron Technology. I have been there for 2 1/2 years and just got a promotion on Tuesday!!! Yes, I am very excited about that. A few months ago I enrolled in a school called "LongRidgeWritersGroup" where I work with a nationally published author (Mary Rosenblum). I am currently pursuing my lifelong dream to become a published author. More about that later. I have the CUTEST niece and nephews and believe me, I am the auntie that spoils them to death. I'm sure their parents love it. I'm just lovin' life to the fullest and narrowing down my list of "Things to do before I die." And, yes....life is fun!

2 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Kristy! I'm so glad there's someone else living in the area. Even better that it's an old friend! We really need to get together again. I had a blast last time!

Unknown said...

Kristy hi!! Wow your still as pretty as you were in High School. It's been awesome reading what everyone has been up to. I'm glad things seem to be going well for you.