Sunday, February 3, 2008

Amy Thomas Wilcox




Ten years and so much to catch up on. After graduation, I attend Ricks College, graduated with a degree in music and moved to Boise in 2000 to attend Boise State. What a fabulous place Boise turned out to be. I never dreamed of going to BSU, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made! While there, I had the opportunity to be involved in the LDS institute and that is where life took some surprising turns for me!

While in a dating and relationships class, I met my future hubby - though at the time he was dating someone else. Four months later, we both found ourselves in the presidency of the student council at the BSU Institute of Religion, and twelve months after that we were the best at making excuses to work together on projects. Wedded bliss entered our lives in August of 2002 & I graduated with a Bachelors degree in music in December.
We now have two gorgeous daughters, Eleanor-4 and Eliza-almost 2. We moved to Spanish Fork, Utah after Matthew graduated from BSU and was hired to teach seminary at Provo High School (though he is now at Spanish Fork High School teaching). Confusion about why we were moved to Utah was cleared up when Eliza, our second daughter was born. She has several ‘issues’ but has been such a joy. The first year of her life was pretty tough, but now it is smooth sailing.
Eliza’s biggest difference is that she is deaf, so we use American Sign Language in our home and attend the Deaf ward in Provo each Sunday. Learning another language is tough, but so worth it - even Eleanor our oldest is a pro at signing to her little sister.
Life is great, we have a great townhouse (oh to have a yard, though!) that is big enough for our family and then some. I get to be a mom and a wife. Matthew has a fabulous job close to home, and we live far enough away from family to miss them, and close enough to see them often!!

4 comments:

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Your family is so cute. I loved reading your update. So much I didn't know even though we see each other at the famous Menan 4th of July. Hope to see you there again - and at the reunion.

Jessica Haddox said...

Amy! It's so great to find out what happened to you after Ricks, although I'm jealous that you contined on with a degree in music. What a beautiful family. I'm glad you're happy and well. My husband Mike says hi as well. (he was the geeky french horn major)

Ivy & Mae said...

Amy, I love your daughter's name.

We would have been in the same stake in Provo. Our ward was the Franklin ward back in our Provo days.

All the best
Jessica Keeler (ziel)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! I am so glad to see that you are doing well. You have a really great family there. Your kids are adorable. Good luck in the future!