Friday, June 20, 2008

Jera Lin Raymond Telford



Wow! 10 years has gone by so fast! Where does the time go? After high school I went to Ricks College for 2 years. During my second year of school, I met my husband-to-be, John Telford from Firth, Idaho. (He was a mission companion to my brother Randall.) I graduated in April 2000 with an Associates Degree in Piano Performance. In May, Alisha Gneiting and I went to Europe on a Humanities Tour with Ricks College. This was an experience I will never forget. I got married in August 2000, and John and I moved to Logan, where we attended Utah State for 2 years. In May 2002 I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Piano Pedagogy. My husband was working on a degree in Ag-Business. After graduation, we moved back to Firth, Idaho—John’s hometown, about the size of Menan. In February 2003 we had our first son, Trent. I thought life was busy, then I found out I was pregnant with our second son. Tyler was born in April 2004, and our lives took an unexpected turn. When Tyler was one month old, he was diagnosed with Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome, which basically means he doesn’t breathe well when he goes to sleep. We spent 6 weeks at Primary Children’s Medical Center, where Tyler was given a tracheotomy. The doctors were sure he would have severe brain damage, but he doesn’t seem to have any at this point. He still has a trach and sleeps hooked up to a ventilator at night. We were very scared to have more children for a long time. Then in September 2007 we were blessed with our sweet, healthy baby girl Linlee. Trent (5) and Ty (4) are the best of friends and so much fun; Linlee (9months) lights up our home with her radiant smile. I love being a stay-at-home mom. I teach a few piano lessons, which I truly enjoy. John works at the INL and raises goats on the side. We love living in Firth where we can raise our family in a small, family-oriented, farming community. I have been very watched over and blessed in my life and I love my wonderful little family. I am excited to see all of you!

4 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Good to hear from you! I'm glad you finished piano pedigogy. I really wish I had been able to continue my music education after Ricks. Cute family! I'm glad you're enjoying Firth. I have some family there and Shelley and they all love it.

Caralee said...

Your family is so beautiful! What gorgeous pictures. So fun to see what you are up to!

Jaime said...

Jera Lin, I am sure you don't remember me, I didn't graduate from Rigby, but went to school with you in 6-8th grade, we were best friends back then in Mrs. Barretts class. :) I found this website from my cousin Nicole (Holm) Palmer's blog. I am glad to see your cute family and see what you have been up to! I went to USU too and graduated in 2003 with a Psychology degree. Here's my blog if you would like to check it out, let me know if you have one. ;)
http://wendlingfamilynews.blogspot.com
Would love to hear from you!

Jaime (Holm) Wendling

The Moss Family said...

Your kids are adorable!
LeAnn(Cziep)Moss