Monday, June 23, 2008

Ellie Beth Landon


It has been 10 years already? Boy how time flies when you are having fun. After graduating, I continued with school and attended Ricks College/BYU-Idaho. I graduated from there with an Associates of Arts and Sciences Degree in General Education in Health and Education in 2003. I transferred from BYU-Idaho to ISU that same year. I pursued a degree in Sign Language Studies, got burned out, and took a break. I worked for two and a half years at Security Connections Incorporated in Idaho Falls. I returned to ISU in the Spring of 2007. I just completed my second Associates Degree in Sign Language Studies. I was recently accepted into the Bachelor’s program for Educational Interpreting this year. I am also the Student representative for the Idaho Registry for Interpreters of the Deaf and represent all the interpreting students throughout the state of Idaho. I am taking a summer class and have two years left for my Bachelor’s degree. When I finish, I will become a certified Sign Language Interpreter working with Deaf children that are mainstreamed in public schools. See you at the reunion!

6 comments:

Hil said...

Hey Ellie! Wish I could see you at the reunion! I was going to go, but I recently lost my job due to budget cuts. :( Looks like you are doing well!

Jessica Haddox said...

Ellie! It's good to hear where you are and what you've been up to. Good luck to you as you continue school!

Anonymous said...

Hilerie: Wish you could come as well, but I understand budget cuts. Good luck with finding a new job. Glad to know you are doing well.

Jessica: Thanks! I am glad to hear that you are doing well also. You have really cute kids! I am glad that you are having fun. Tell Mike I say hi!

It is great reading about everyone and seeing where they are now.

Unknown said...

Ellie!! You haven't dropped off the face of the earth, lol. Glad yo see you are doing so well, have missed being in contact with you. Congratulations on all that you've accomplished.
If you'd like to drop me an e-mail sometime my e-mail is pianomarie24@gmail.com
Say hi to your folks for me. :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Ellie, my name is Tori De Sutter (Buys)I believe your mom is my cousin. Cathie Landon (Buys)
Daughter of Robert & Elaina Buys. I'm am trying to reach Cathie it's important that I do. If this is the right Ellie and Cathie can you please email me at toridesutter@gmail.com Thank you