Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Todd Gunderson




Well, at long last I am caving in to the mounting pressure and posting a little blurb about my life. Oddly enough it has been 10 years since graduation, and somehow I'm still in school . . . (sigh). I am currently starting my fourth year of veterinary school at Washington State University and as long as I don't inadvertently put anyone 'to sleep' in the next year I should graduate in 2009. I also graduated with a B.S. from BYU in 2005 and a A.S. from BYU Idaho in 2003; my M.R. degree continues to elude me. My academic misadventures notwithstanding, I did get to serve a mission in New York City where I learned to speak Spanish and how to break into projects in order to knock doors. I would never have imagined that I could feel at home in a place as big and diverse as New York, but I really did, I think it's the greatest city on earth (Rigby and Menan don't really count as cities). I came home from New York two weeks before September 11th. It was unbelievably surreal for me to watch those planes fly into those buildings. Fortunately nobody I knew was hurt, however the world has changed a lot from when we were in high school as a result hasn't it?
My family is doing very well. In 2006 my parents adopted a boy from Boise named Eric. He has fast become a member of the family and we're really glad to have him with us. My brother Trent is married and has a little boy named Aden, and Mckenzie and her husband just had their first boy, Caleb Todd, on the 19th of April. Being an uncle is very cool, even though going to school in Washington means I don't get to see them as much as I would like. I have another younger sister who is married and living in Utah and my youngest sister is about to graduate from Madison in May (I know what you're all thinking, we just try to love her for who she is and hope that someday she'll come back to the fold:).
Tragically, I'll be on a rotation in the teaching hospital during the reunion, so I won't be able to make it down (though I did hold a morbid fascination with the thought of showing up single). For those of you that do make it, I hope it's everything that you want it to be and more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your update! Now that we aren't neighbors, I haven't kept up with the Gunderson news. Glad you are doing well.
Camille (Poulter) Heck

Jessica said...

who's the baby?

Anonymous said...

The baby is my nephew Aden
TG

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Glad to see you posted. We haven't talked to you in awhile. Every time we drive past your parents Matt and I talk about how we need to call you, but, as you can tell, we haven't. Hopefully we will talk to you soon. Until then.

Robin and Stephenie said...

didn't you have classes wiht my uncle at byu-i Brother Eckersell? I love washington, I do miss it. Looks like you have been busy thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

yes I did, in fact my very first college lecture was from Dr. Eckersell, and he is to this day one of my favorite professors

Anonymous said...

that is an incredibly cute baby! way to be uncle todd.